About Me

My photo
I am married to my best friend with three beautiful daughters. We spent 20 years in the United States Marine Corps and I am now a full time preacher.

Friday, January 9, 2015

It's not about you

Satan has influenced the world to think life is about people being happy. That is an easy way to justify what people really want to do, regardless of whether it is right or wrong. Jesus said just the opposite, He said if we follow Him we will be persecuted, there will be pain and suffering. Most of us think that pain is caused by the world, but it can come from within. If I enjoy doing something that is contrary to Godly living, it can be very difficult for me to stop just because I should. Until we understand God calls us to a life of service to Him, we will try to justify what we want to do. Paul even said it is better to not marry so we can focus on God, but we think a great marriage, great kids and a great job are all within our rights as children of God. Our rights are to the kingdom of heaven, not in this world. Satan's focus is "self" The Christians focus is "Jesus".

No comments:

Post a Comment