About Me

My photo
I am married to my best friend with three beautiful daughters. We spent 20 years in the United States Marine Corps and I am now a full time preacher.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Satan's lie

July 4th is right around the corner. People will be shooting fire works, cooking out with family and friends and, hopefully, enjoying a well deserved, long weekend. There will also be people on the roads who have had too much of satan's mixer. Yes, I said satan's mixer. Alcohol is a poison, with one drink it attacks the central nervous system and affects your balance, speech and ability to reason. Nothing good comes from drinking poison. If it doesn't kill you, it will kill someone you know either directly or indirectly. Satan has managed to deceive people into believing they're not hurting anyone or just a little once in a while couldn't hurt. Tell that to someone who has lost a loved one to a drunk driver. I am not saying I'm holier than thou, I used to drink, so I'm speaking from experience. If sin wasn't fun (at least for a little while) no one would do it. Drinking doesn't make you smarter, it makes you dumber. It doesn't make you prettier, it makes you less attractive. I know what your saying, I can handle mine. I used to say that too. The truth is, satan has lied to you. You cannot handle it. Alcohol is one of Satan's tools to destroy your soul, Don't let him win. The Words of God are straight forward.

 1 Corinthians 5:11 "But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a drunkard, or a swindler not even to eat with such a one."

 I know people will read this verse and say, "I don't get drunk." I would have to throw the flag on that one. Remember what I said about one drink? That is a medical fact. Even our own laws place a numeric value on when you are too drunk to drive or to even be in public. Maybe your lucky enough to escape the horror or tragedy that falls on those who drink, but what about the influence you have on those around you? I hope you never experience the terror and horror of taking a young life because you just had to have a drink. I am not trying to kill your fun. Trust me when I say this, I have more fun now that I don't drink than I ever did when I drank, and I can remember everything that happens. I hope you have a great 4th of July and remember how we gained our independence. Please, don't perpetuate satan's lie. Just say NO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment